NOD32 Kernel Service takes two minutes to start

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tsherr, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

I've got a machine that takes two minutes (I've timed it) for the NOD32 Kernel Service to start - during which time the splash screen stays on the screen and there is no NOD32 icon in the system tray. The machine itself works fine (no slowdowns) but I'm assuming it isn't protected until the service starts, so I don't really want to leave it as is.

I've tried all the suggestions in the topics about slow startups, but that has made no difference.

Has anyone seen this? Is it the same as the slow startup problem?

T

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It only happens to me if I disable AMON (not unload it). Splash screen will stay there for quite a while after a reboot and I have absolutely no idea why.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would check and make sure that Windows isn't searching for something it can't find during bootup.

4. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

That's an interesting idea. So you mean, go through the items loading at startup and make sure they are all really on the computer?

T

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Yes. Comb through the devices, drivers, and any other sources of possible conflict as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.