NOD32 Kernal not able to start

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ryip, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryip

ryip Registered Member

Dear all,

I've got the following error and the NOD32 Kernal can't to load in Windows Vista. Did someone encounter this issue or having the idea to resolve it?

NOD32 Version: 2.7

Window Event:
    Log Name: Application
    Source: ESENT
    Date: 13/9/2007 11:19:33 AM
    Event ID: 102
    Task Category: General
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: loonster-PC
    Description:
    msnmsgr (402:cool: \\.\C:\Users\loonster\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Messenger\loone_sg@yahoo.com.sg\SharingMetadata\Working\database_B490_1A69_901A_31FA\dfsr.db: The database engine (6.00.6000.0000) started a new instance (0).
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="ESENT" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">102</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-09-13T03:19:33.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>18462</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>loonster-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>msnmsgr</Data>
    <Data>4028</Data>
    <Data>\\.\C:\Users\loonster\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Messenger\loone_sg@yahoo.com.sg\SharingMetadata\Working\database_B490_1A69_901A_31FA\dfsr.db: </Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>6</Data>
    <Data>00</Data>
    <Data>6000</Data>
    <Data>0000</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Many Thanks/Raymond

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

How much RAM you have ? What Vista edition ?

3. ryip

ryip Registered Member

I've 2Gb RAM and using the Vista 32bit version which is come with Sony Vaio.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Try to reinstall NOD32 , please

1) Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 for your operating system
    Trial version or Full paid version

2) Open Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot when prompt

4) After restart , go to C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you downloaded in step 1
    Use "Typical" install

6) Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall. Then Update NOD32 !

5. ryip

ryip Registered Member

I've tried to make it but the NOD32 Kernal still not able to start which is getting the same error that I posted at my 1st thread.

6. rexpart

rexpart Eset Staff

Hi ryip,
    VAIO notebooks are often sold with Norton Internet Security installed on it. If this is your case, you will have to uninstall it in order to run NOD32 correctly. Also don't forget to use norton removal tool (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039) as there are still some remnants after standard uninstallation. Check it out and let us know how you go.

7. joel406

joel406 Registered Member

Yes I see this a lot amoung a lot of different systems. I setup an average of 3 a-day. All new windows installs with OS's ranging from Win2k to Vista ultimate. Something in windows updates or esets updates can break NOD32.

The good news it that uninstalling NOD32 and reinstalling, just once, has always fixed the problem. I also found that deleting the eset folder(while recomended) doesnt seem to really matter. NOD32 just reinstalls to the pre-existing folder and overwrites anything that was left behind.

I'm not saying leaving the folder is good, just it doesnt really seem to matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.