NOD32 keeps constantly asking me to update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ragos, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragos

Ragos Registered Member

Ok this problem started about two or three days ago basically a window pops up saying "A newer version of program components was found. Do you with to upgrade Nod32 antivirus system now?" so I click yes and then the window will go away for about two seconds. Then the exact same window will come back up. After doing this about 20 times it will go away but then it just comes right back in about 10 minutes.
    I was thinking maybe a setting got changed but I can't even look at the setting because the guy that put nod32 on my pc moved away and he made the setting password protected. Its getting to the point where I want to just uninstall it and get another program but I can't because I have no idea what the hell the password is. Does anyone know how I can stop it because it is really annoying.

*Edit*
    Forgot to mention I just installed Ad-Aware which might have something to do with it im not sure. If it is ad-aware what could I do to fix it?

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I don't think v3/v4 of ESET NOD32 Antivirus have had any program component updates. You should find out from your friend who installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus for you what the password is, if possible.

Regards,

Mark.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume Ragos has an older version 2 installed. There's no chance v3 nor v4 would prompt for a component update yet.

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

This thread is in the wrong section then and should be moved to the NOD32 v2 Antivirus Forum.

Any chance it could be malware since v2 hasn't had a Program Component Update for over a year and if he downloaded it recently from the official ESET website it should be up to date?

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.