NOD32 isn't being able to delet files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scirious, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

People, I'm trying NOD and KIS to decide which one to buy. (They are not being used concurrently, though) and both are not working as I expected. Here, however, I'll ask about NOD.

The problem is that I have a daemon tools installer which has the installer of WhenUSave inside it. If I scan the daemon tools installer, even though NOD32 is set to find potentially unsafe applications, nothing is found. However, If I try to install daemon tools it will extract the WhenUSave installer but NOD32 doesn't allow it to be saved on disk. Up to this it is ok.

However, if I turn off NOD I can install daemon tools with no warning and it will save the WhenUSave installer. It doesn't run the installer however. But the file is there. When I start NOD again, if I try to access the folder where the file is in, NOD detects the threat but it fails to delete it if I ask so. It displays a message saying that the file is locked and can't be deleted. It doesn't matter how many times I try it doesn't delete the file. The strange thing is that other anti virus software can delete and I can delete it only by pressing the DEL button meaning that the file isn't locked.

Is this normal?

Thanks for your patience,
    Scirious.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    no, it's not normal. Have you tried the new ESS beta with the cleaning mechanism improved to see if it makes a difference?

3. scirious

Hi, Marcos, where do I get it?

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

5. scirious

Hi, trjam, is this version Windows Vista 64-bit compatible? Because here it fails to install and just rolls back.

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

32-bit only, but 64-bit will be available at a later time.
    Check out the FAQ: http://www.eset.com/beta/faq.php

7. scirious

Hi, people, I decide to buy NOD32 even with the problem related above. However, I have an idea of what migth be causing this behavior. If I set NOD to clean de file it cleans it with no problem, but if I set it o prohibit access and prompt for action, if I chose to delete, it doesn't delete. I believe it migth be prohibiting it's own access to delete the file.

How do I report this?

Thanks,
    Scirious.

8. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

you just basicly did, however you can contact ESET directly using

http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php

and provide your suggestion there. I do not know if this is the properest (yeay, new word!) way to do it, but it should be good enough IMO. You should also include a link to this thread.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No problems here, I have followed all your steps and, when I enabled AMON, the adware installer was detected by AMON. It was not locked and I was able to delete it from within the alert window.

10. scirious

Marcos, what is the version you are testing on? This is happening in a Windows Vista 64-bit. If it is ok I can print screen the screen and send it with a sample.

Scirious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.