Nod32 is really the Best

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jram, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jram

jram Registered Member

I installed AVG because I thought it would be simple for her in case something happened.That was a mistake that I won't make again.
    My wife told me a couple of days ago that the computer was running slow and she was being disconnected from the internet. . I was searching around and saw this on a site that did a test on all free AV's

AVG Free detected 8 out of 170 infections/risks. No False positive detections.
    That made me think, just maybe I made a mistake in getting AVG.
    I run a scan and the results were no virus found. The machine was running alittle slower than I remember but really didn't think to much about it, run my spyware programs , got the tracking cookie BS, but nothing bad. I tried 2 online scans and crashed.

I then went to my old favorite Nod32, I bought the program spent the 30min. setting it up to my liking and ran the scan, low and behold, Nod32 caught a couple of things. If I were any of you and used AVG, I would make a change in my life style and try Nod32, I know you will say to yourself, I never got anything using AVG. This isn't bashing of another AV, this happened to me a couple of days ago. Thank you Nod32!!!!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I wouldn't put much confidence into tests where such little test set was used. What's more, I heard that the test you're refering to was flawed. Anyway, all's well that ends well and I'm happy that NOD32 was able to clean your wife's computer.

3. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I had AVG Professional prior to NOD32, and it kept me virus free as confirmed by NOD. Guess I was lucky...

Marc

4. covaro

covaro Registered Member

I'd have to agree with Marcos on this regarding that particular test. From everything I read it almost sounded like FUD for the Active Virus Shield that was put out from AOL/KAV. And in the end it's nice to see that NOD32 was able to rescue the machine.

-Cov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.