NOD32 is corrupt

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by arrowsmithmidwest, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

Hi all,

A client of ours has a very basic setup, Win 98.
    Her hard drive crashed, i put a new one in, installed windows 98 and office and NOD32, about 1-2 months she brought it back in, NOD32 would not work it kept saying that it is corrupt and AMON will not start, can not even start it manually. So i uninstalled NOD, deleted the NOD folder and reinstalled fresh copy from nod site, everything worked fine, about 1-2 months later she brought it in again, exact same problem, i did the exact same thing to fix it.
    She then brought it again 1-2 months later, i performed a full hard drive scan for any bad sectors etc. (brand new hard drive), none found but same process again to fix it.

Any she has just called again to say it has done it again, it works fine for about 1-2 months maybe 3, then becomes corrupt.
    She is proberly starting to get annoyed as she lives about 150km from town.
    I have checked for spyware, none found, checked for viruses, none found, i have checked all the startup items, she only has kazaa that is out of the ordinary, but she claims to have only recently put it on though.

Any idea'so_O

Thanks and Happy New Year all.

2. Ga1tar

Ga1tar Registered Member

Has your client given you details of what they were doing prior to the crash. I am sumising that in each case they have tried to install something which has either stalled in mid installation or they have been attempting to tweak something which is causing this issue. I say this as I used to do the same thing when many moons ago.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps the cause is a data corruption caused by a power failure or incorrectly shut down system.

4. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

the user is fairly computer illiterate, so Marcos could be right.
    They only really use the computer to check emails so i doubt they will be tweaking much.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.