NOD32 invalid username or password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by The Chez, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Chez

The Chez Registered Member

In February I bought ESET NOD32 when I had my PC repaired from conficker. The shop put it on for me and I paid for one year's use.

I have NOT altered anything within the program and it's been updating fine till about an hour ago, when it said it could not update, invalid username or password.

I rang up the shop where I bought it from and they said they hadn't heard of that happening but it could be an error on ESET's end.

Please let me know if this is happening to anyone else.

This is not a trial version, I am not infected with any malware, and I have had NO warning about an expiration.

Also I cannot change the licence because I do not have the email address that was used to purchase, because they did it at the store.

Thanks for any help.

2. The Chez

Anyone?

This is p-ing me off. I paid good money for this program for one year, feb 09-feb 10, that included the UPDATES, which I cannot access.

I'm going to attempt to call ESET's uk helpline on Monday, even though I hate using the phone & struggle to understand most people in call centers. Long story, anyway this 'error' has come from nowhere, I'm waiting it out till Monday before I can contact ESET customer support.

There is no way I am prepared to pay for a new licence when mine is valid until 2010.

I cannot use the 'lost licence' feature due to not having the email address the repair shop used to register the version.

I'm starting to think this is a push towards NOD 4.0, which I am not getting until my currant paid verson expires. If all else fails, I will seek a refund.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Can you retrieve your username ?
    What version are you using?
    Do not post your username here.

4. The Chez

Version 3.0.684.0 on WinXP SP3

I can see my username, but have no access to the password or the email which was used to register the program. This means I cannot use the lost licence service on the ESET website.

I have never experienced any issues par the odd server error with NOD32, I have always spoken highly of it. Now I feel like I'm getting smacked in the face for choosing to pay for a good program rather than illegaly download a pirate copy or choose a free version.

WinXP SP3 was also configured by experts due to my fear over the issues with it at the time.

5. philby

philby Registered Member

As far as I can see, you don't need the mail address, just the username - see here.

philby

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Correct. I suggest clearing the update cache, reentering your password. If that doesn't work, post back.

7. The Chez

They send it to the email address you used to register it, which I do not have.

8. philby

philby Registered Member

OK, I see the OP's problem.

Submitting only your username still means the email address at purchase will be used by Eset.

I think he will need to talk to the guy at the shop he bought it at...

philby

9. The Chez

Please read my post, I do not have access to the password!!!

10. The Chez

I will have to ring back up on Monday and try & find out. I spose they used one they use for things like that, so they should have it. Even then I doubt they will give me access to the store's email account will they *sigh*.

If not, maybe ESET can reset it for me over the phone, but will they talk to me if I cannot provide the password or email?

11. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

12. The Chez

Done that, says within one business day, which I'm guessing will be Monday. Can anyone tell me if my PC is at serious risk waiting for an update until then?

Sorry if I came over a bit uppety, this has pretty much ended a bad week with :'(

heh.

13. philby

philby Registered Member

You just this second missed an update, but I really wouldn't worry - just don't go anywhere or do anything too adventurous in the meantime...(online I mean :D)

If you are really worried, you could save your settings, uninstall and use the trial version while you get things sorted.

philby

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  14. The Chez

I just think it's very poor that I paid £39 that I really don't have (was my birthday money) so I didn't get infected with anything like conficker again.

I can't think of anything besides ESET that could just make this happen, I don't go playing about with important things like my anti virus, I assure you I have not changed anything.

My program says the licence is valid until 28/02/10, which is a year from when I bought it, February 2009.

Also could anyone advise how I could go about proving this error if nobody helps me solve it so I can claim a refund? I cannot afford to take the PC into the shop as I will be charged just to have them look at it.

15. The Chez

I'm not messing with it, I can't afford money wise to be faced with having to replace it.

16. The Chez

SIGHSIGHSIGH

I just got an email back from 'support' saying this.

~Private communication removed per the Terms Of Service.~

(do not have the serial number as I did not have a CD) :mad:

I tried regestering using the ONLY FROGGING NUMBER I have, which is the 'username' which came back 'error'.

This is really making me think twice before paying for things like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  17. philby

philby Registered Member

I think the error might have been made at the shop when it should have been ensured that you had a copy of the registered email address along with both your password and username.

I would go back to the shop and politely kick some butt...

philby

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello The Chez,

Give the ESET moderators time to respond to your problem. Thanks.

19. The Chez

I'm sorry if that was offensive :rolleyes:

Anyway, that message basicaly proved that they didn't even bother to read my email. Maybe it was a generated message, I don't know.

Please understand I paid money for NOD32, and having it working under the capacity I paid for is not only fustrating, it's very poor service on ESET's part. :mad:

20. The Chez

I think I will do just that on Monday, but this shop is often chaos. Nobody knows what's what, they've about 10 different staff, who all know about different things. So the guy who knows about NOD32 might not be there for days. I spose I could go down & politly say I'm not leaving without the correct info to make this program useable again.

But even then there's no guarantee that the email or the password will get the updates working again. If it doesn't, what do I do? Am I sposed to uninstall something & throw £40 away?

21. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Although your frustration is very understandable, it seems like you are targetting the wrong company here. Software User names/Serials are fairly all of the time the one and only way to track a customer. This goes for ESET as well. Perhaps ESET may come up with a special solution here; let's wait and see as soon as an ESET Support Staff Member addresses this thread - probably not before upcoming Monday.

The culprit here is your shop - not ESET. They should address this issue first and foremost. Thus, if there's someone to blame it's your shop.

22. The Chez

Yeah, I'm sorry.

I also wondered, is there any way this could be a server or temporary problem? Not to blame eset again but servers to go down from time to time.

23. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No problem - regarded as sorted out.

This is for 99.99 percent certain not a server issue. The problem at hand and the cause seems to be identified from the looks of it.

24. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While it is rare, the possibility does exist that it is a "server or temporary problem ?" Eset is no different in that respect but as others have commented and with patience, your issue can be rectified, possibly not before Monday, as was mentioned above by the co-owner of the site, Paul Wilders.

25. The Chez

It's just the fact my version is valid until next year and it's so random that strikes me of something temporary. It could be a glitch with the latest updates or something I spose and not enough people have reported it yet, being a weekend & all.

I just tried to update again, this time it took a while for the box to popup, so maybe I am right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.