NOD32 installation prep

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by BlackHawk66, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHawk66

BlackHawk66 Registered Member

Hello, all,

Have downloaded the trial version of NOD32 v2 to, hopefully, replace my NAV.

Just one question. Should a straight forward uninstall of NAV and then reboot take care of everything to clear the way for NOD?

Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Simple answer is yes, that should do the trick...

Cheers :D

3. BlackHawk66

BlackHawk66 Registered Member

Thanks, Blackspear!

4. sig

sig Registered Member

NAV also has an uninstall tool which IMO should be used to clean up any leftover bits. NAV is somewhat notorious for leaving bits of itself that are not taken care of by the regular uninstall process. It can and has been known at times to cause problems with other AV installs (and I think I recall that NOD was one of them). Look on the Symantec site for the uninstall tool. I think in NAV support, how to uninstall, etc.

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I just uninstalled a trial of NAV 2003 that came on my new XP box. In addition to the regular uninstall, I had downloaded a later version of LiveUpdate which was not included in the regular uninstall. I had to uninstall it from add/remove programs as per Symantec instructions. I did not use the Symantec tool and still have a few files left over in the Symantec folder. This is the second time I have removed NAV recently as my first new XP computer had it on it and that computer became defective so, after a few weeks of use, I had to return it and got a replacement one. Neither time have I had any problems with installing and running NOD32 after removing NAV using only the NAV uninstaller and this last time add/remove programs because of the newer version of LU.

6. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi BlackHawk66,

Bear in mind that NAV is leaving a great deal of entries in the registry, so i suggest to clean out your registry for any NAV remains,

rgds,
    Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.