NOD32 incompatible with program

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by olobay, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olobay

olobay Registered Member

Hi,

I am running a direct access stock trading software called Laser and it uses many ports. I was unable to get Laser to run with NOD32 installed. It kept losing the port connection but once I uninstalled NOD32, Laser worked perfectly. I was wondering if there was a way in NOD32 to get it to not monitor anything that Laser does and just to open everything that Laser asks for? I tried adding the Laser.exe to the Internet monitor ignore list but that didn't work. I also allowed manual stop of AMON and then turned it off but I still couldn't get Laser to work. I understand that NOD32 monitors ports for suspicious activity, but is there a way to put in a rule for certain programs?

Thanks.

PS I have forwarded all ports required in my router. I am running Vista Home Basic with Windows Firewall on a Core2Duo 1.6 with 2gb RAM.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

This sounds more like your Winsock Layer is corrupt than anything to do with NOD32. Please follow the directions HERE to repair Winsock.

If this does not resolve the situation, try excluding the program in IMON and AMON

NOD32 Control Centre> AMON> Setup> Exclusions (tab).

NOD32 Control Centre> IMON> Setup> Miscellaneous> Exclusion> Edit.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. olobay

olobay Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear. The winsock reset didn't solve my problem but adding the exclusion to the AMON did. I already had the .exe excluded in the IMON but it was the AMON that did the trick. Thanks again.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.