NOD32 in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rugmankc, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

I have had NOD32 for a couple weeks as my AV/SW with Win Firewall. Ran great. Not sure if NOD and WF is sufficient for a safe user. Changed to Comodo (FW only) and enjoyed learning it. Was a little slower from logon to desktop. But, acceptable since I knew Comodo was very thorough. However, Comodo started to take a little longer to startup. Didn't bother me yet. Then I added SAS Free and things got worse. When I tried to open Task Mgr it took a long time and also started to delay other programs until nothing would open. Ran SAS and NOD in Safe Mode. SAS found nothing, but NOD would not complete. I had SAS and AVG Free together before and they were OK. NOD32 ran in a DOS window and stopped with some comments about threat and errors with BootLog and another file, under program files/common files/support software/bin/ssrc.exe. Then stopped. Is that common in Safe Mode or should it have completed. Out of Safe Mode SAS and NOD find nothing. I have restored with Acronis to before Comodo and SAS. Will do another Acronis backup here and give it a couple weeks. Would have liked to have all three together, they are good programs. Any ideas on finding a bug that NOD and SAS can't find. I don't understand how to interpret process/task mgr programs to look at and interpret them. Maybe an online scanner or different malware program.

Thanks for any advice,

Ken

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

This may be an Itunes 8.0.02 upgrade problem. Still researching, but I upgraded after my last good backup and during comodo. There are some posts to support this. Will look into it.

Ken

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.