NOD32 in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rugmankc, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

I have had NOD32 for a couple weeks as my AV/SW with Win Firewall. Ran great. Not sure if NOD and WF is sufficient for a safe user. Changed to Comodo (FW only) and enjoyed learning it. Was a little slower from logon to desktop. But, acceptable since I knew Comodo was very thorough. However, Comodo started to take a little longer to startup. Didn't bother me yet. Then I added SAS Free and things got worse. When I tried to open Task Mgr it took a long time and also started to delay other programs until nothing would open. Ran SAS and NOD in Safe Mode. SAS found nothing, but NOD would not complete. I had SAS and AVG Free together before and they were OK. NOD32 ran in a DOS window and stopped with some comments about threat and errors with BootLog and another file, under program files/common files/support software/bin/ssrc.exe. Then stopped. Is that common in Safe Mode or should it have completed. Out of Safe Mode SAS and NOD find nothing. I have restored with Acronis to before Comodo and SAS. Will do another Acronis backup here and give it a couple weeks. Would have liked to have all three together, they are good programs. Any ideas on finding a bug that NOD and SAS can't find. I don't understand how to interpret process/task mgr programs to look at and interpret them. Maybe an online scanner or different malware program.

Thanks for any advice,

Ken

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

This may be an Itunes 8.0.02 upgrade problem. Still researching, but I upgraded after my last good backup and during comodo. There are some posts to support this. Will look into it.

Ken

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.