Nod32 in conflict with Bittorrent and after I can barely browse Internet.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MissTake, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissTake

MissTake Registered Member

Nod32 is in conflict with Bittorrent and after a short time I can barely browse the Internet.

Hi,:D

When Bittorrent is not running everything goes right.:cool:

But when Bittorrent is running, after a few minutes, I can barely browse the Internet...:(
    but Bittorrent is running at normal speed...:blink:

I use 2 Browsers: Internet Explorer & Firefox.... same extreme slow down of the connection.

I have installed Nod32 a few days ago. It is the only changed I did since the problem occurs.

I have Nod32 Antivirus 3.0.650.

In Exclusions, I created an exclusion for C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\*.*
    & another exclusion for the Data of Bittorrent (temporary & completed)...
    But it changes nothing...:'(

Am I alone to have this problem of slow browsing of Internet?:doubt:

Is an update to Nod32 Antivirus 4 will solve the problem?:doubt:

Any idea?:D

2. MissTake

Since a few hours, I operate my computer ( WinXP SP3) without running NOD32. Result: Bittorrent is still OK and I browse Internet just fine.
    So the problem must be NOD32.:D

3. MissTake

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

resting their brains :)
    To check if Nod32 is your performance or compatibilty problem, I'd suggest F5 to bring up Advanced options and go to Antivirus and Antispyware -> Web Access Protection -> HTTP -> Web Browsers, find the bittorrent entry and place red cross next to it.

[​IMG] This can possibly affect your level of protection while using bittorent.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest enabling logging blocked connections for the time necessary to replicate the problem and then checking the firewall log. Maybe some of the IDS rules block the connection and disabling it would resolve the issue.

If it doesn't help:
    1, start logging network communication with Wireshark (close as many unnecessary network aware applications as possible first)
    2, enable logging blocked connections for the time necessary to replicate the problem
    3, stop logging and save the Wireshark log to a pcap file
    4, disable the firewall
    5, start logging network communication with Wireshark
    6, try to replicate the problem. I gather it should work now fine with the firewall disabled
    7, stop logging and save the Wireshark log to another pcap file

Send the logs along with a comprehensive description of the issue to customer care. They should pass the logs to ESET developers for perusal.

7. MissTake

Hi,

Bubba,

I did what you say and it works!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I have removed / deleted the 2 Exclusions:

I can browse Internet with my 2 browsers. I tested the solution many hours with a few reboots... Results: Just fine!:D

I am aware that I must be cautious when I will retrieve data from Bittorent. :cautious:

*************************************************************************************

siljaline: Thanks for the info on ISP throttling of P2P (Azureus - now called Vuze - Bittorrent Client). Very interesting about throttling of P2P.

Marcos: Thanks for Wireshark - network protocol analyzer for Unix and Windows. Open source & really free (GNU General Public License). After a try I quickly realize that I need to read the manual guide before to run this software. Seems to be an outstanding piece of software.

8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Glad the P2P Throttling URL was of use to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.