NOD32/IMON And E-mail Scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mannaggia, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

I installed the trial version of NOD32 last night.

This morning I was testing out IMON. I sent myself an e-mail. I use Outlook Express. When the e-mail arrived in my inbox, it was nice to see the NOD32 message at the bottom stating it was virus free.

I also have a hotmail account. I have it set up to have only trusted incoming hotmail e-mails forwarded to my Outlook Express inbox. I sent myself a test e-mail to my hotmail account. When it arrived in my OE inbox, there was no NOD32 message at the bottom.

Does NOD32/IMON not scan web based e-mail? Even if that e-mail is in the OE inbox?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Currently, IMON does not scan email accessed thorugh webmail, however, there will be a newer version with an HTTP scanner integrated which will be capable of scanning it.

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

very nice notice!

4. Mannaggia

Thank you Marcos

5. Mannaggia

Just thought of another question. Am I correct in assuming that most AV's do not scan web based (HTTP) e-mail? I think Trend Micro might be an exception.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.