NOD32, I look for info config.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jones, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jones

Jones Registered Member

Hi, I use NOD32 (latest version) and when it makes an automatic programmed scan, it scans 2 HDs. I'd like to scan one HD only, that is the HD with OS.
    I don't succeed to configure NOD32 for automatic scan, can you help me please?
    thanks Jones

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Jones!!

What you most likely need to do is...

Click the tab at the top of the scan screen that says "Scanning Targets". (Not in the Control Center, but on the NOD32 Anti-Virus Program screens)
    This will allow you to select which hard drives or individual folders to scan. Once you select what you want scanned, you can have it save it as your default profile in NOD and when the scan runs, it will use this profile.

Here is a link to Blackspear's "Additional Settings" HERE

This will help you get everything configured correctly and provides some great screenshots to help you along your way.

Good Luck and let us know if you stumble across any problems!

3. Jones

Jones Registered Member

Hi, thanks for your reply but I don't see "NOD32 Anti-Virus Program screens" ore better I don't succeed to see "NOD32 Anti-Virus Program screens".
    Where is it, please? How can I find it?
    thanks

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Sorry If I was vague in my description. I'm not at my home PC so I don't have NOD32 in front of me to do a screenshot (sigh!)

Thanks Blackspear for the assist :p

6. Jones

Jones Registered Member

Yes, my NOD32 is configured correctly (like the end of page 1 where it talks about making a scheduled scan). In my NOD32 I see one different config only, that is in my NOD32 I see "NOD32-scanning" instead of "NOD32 Kernel-Execution of an external application". Have I to chose "NOD32 Kernel-Execution of an external application" for scanning one HD?
    Perhaps is this my problem?
    thanks

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Jones

Doubleclick the drive you don't want to scan. Then close NOD and it will ask you if you want to save the settings. Say yes.

Attached Files:

8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Ronjor..that is exactly what I was trying to say..but I couldn't get a screenshot and it's hard to describe where to go without a visual ;)

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This will start a scheduled scan.

The perimeters for that scan are then found on page 2, at which point you would place in something to the effect of:

C:\ /clean /ah /all /subdir+ /heur+ /scanfile+ /scroll+ /arch+ /pack+ /mapi- /pattern+ /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /heurdeep /log+ /prompt /program

As per screen shot on page 2

In the above scenario only the “C” drive will be scanned.

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.