NOD32 Home not work on Server?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rockstarco, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockstarco

rockstarco Registered Member

We just bought and downloaded the home version of NOD32 and we tried installing it on our server (which uses Microsoft Windows Server 2003) and it says this version won't work on servers. The reason we bought the home version and not the business version is because we only need 1 license. But I didn't see an option to only get 1 license for business. Help? What do I do? I know this request is odd but all our computers that are hooked up to the server already have virus protectors on them. But we didn't have a virus protector on the server itself. Backwards...I know.

TIA!
    Rochelle

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

You are correct. the only version you can install on servers is Business Edition.

However, if you download v2.7, you can install it on home or servers just fine.
    v2.7 will keep your server protected as much as any other version.

It's my personal preference for servers.

3. rockstarco

Thanks for responding!
    So...what's v2.7? I can't find it. And is this a cheaper option than getting the business 5-user bundle? Spending $214 a year isn't anything we have budgeted for unfortunately.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

There are 3 major releases of NOD32 that you will see on the downloads page. Version 4, version 3 and version 2.7. Get the last one.

Since you are using a single-computer license, you can get a single copy of v2.7 and it will install on your server without any problems.

Since it is a single license only, you don't have to purchase the Business Edition.
    It works the same for "Home" and "business' computers

5. rockstarco

Thank you! You've been very helpful!
    I just tried downloading ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server (v2.7) but it won't accept my password. Do I need to call them and get a new password?

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Since you purchased a "home license", you will not be able to download the Exchange version. These are two different entities. When you go to the download page, click on "Home Users", then scroll down to the bottom and look for "Home Users (ESET NOD32 Antivirus v2.7)". Then just click the download button for your version.

When getting Exchange protection, you purchase a license based on the number of mailboxes you need protection for. This is an additional cost to the price of the Antivirus license.

7. rockstarco

Oh! Okay! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!

8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

No problem. Glad to help :cool:

9. rockstarco

OKAY! It's downloading ...I'm downloading this:
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7
    Microsoft® Windows® NT/2000/XP/Vista (32-bit/64-bit*)

And you're saying it will work on our server (Microsoft Server 2003)? :)

10. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Yes. I have a SBS 2003 server with it installed here in my office. Runs just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.