NOD32 HELP please

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ardias, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardias

Ardias Registered Member

Hi new here :D

Ok im not sure this posted in rite place but here i go.

I have problem with the NOD32 trial latest version software recently i got rid norton systemworks2004 (with antivirus).Ok here the problem if install the trial version on my pc witch connected to a linksys wag54g router installs fine but i suddenly loose my internet connection cant access the internet or router admin.

But when unistall nod32 everything works again no problems i have no idea why it doing it i dont have any other antivirus software installed and have zonealarm pro as my firewall.

I really want get this working because i do own full version for my second pc witch connected wirelessly and has no probs.Please some one help

My pc up to date with lastest software patches from microsoft any help would be greatful.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Ardias.....Welcome to Wilders!

What OS are you running?

Have you tried running the WinsockFix (a tool that repairs your TCP/IP configuration)? http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

Have you tried running the "repair tool" From within NOD32 setup: (See screenshot below)

Congrats on moving away from Norton...I made the jump last summer myself and Norton does not like to leave your system without dragging its feet.

Attached Files:

3. Ardias

Ardias Registered Member

Hi Capp

Im running windows xp home edition with service pack 2 with all current updates.

I have tried the repair tool from NOD32 set up didnt work i try winsockfix next.
    Is there tutorial for this winsockfix?

Yea norton didnt want to leave my system without a good fight.I switched because just pain in ass slowed my pc down too much.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

The WinsockFix shouldn't need a tutorial. You execute it and it does it's thing. No user interaction required really. I moved away from Norton for the same reason. I love NOD.

Just out of troubleshooting curiosity, when you have your connection problem (can't connect to anything) can you ping any outside sits (google, etc.)? This will at least tell you if you still have a connection.

Uninstall NOD, Run the winsockfix tool and reboot your computer, then install NOD32 again.

Let us know how it goes....Good Luck!

5. Ardias

Ardias Registered Member

I currently have nod32 unistalled any way so winsockfix gonna try that see if works.

When install nod32 TRIAL and it requires a restart the pc so i do.Then when try to access the internet with nod32 TRIAL installed i can not access the internet what ever i type in wont connect i cant even ping any sites and cant access my admin router page for linksys router (192.168.x.x.) the ip adress changes to 169.254.0.0.

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

169.254.x.x is known as an APIPA (Automatic Private IP Address) You get this when your pc cannot connect to the DHCP server, so Windows auto assigns one.

After you try the WinsockFix (if it doesn't work) try this:

Start | Run | cmd.exe
    Type: ipconfig /renew <hit enter>

This will force your TCP/IP to try and reconnect to the DHCP server.

Keep us informed as to your status :D

7. Ardias

Ardias Registered Member

WOOOOOT! :)

Winsockfix worked its fixed no problems at all i can get access to internet with nod32 trial installed.
    Thank you CAPP for you help couldnt done it with out your guru nowledge.Gonna buy second nod32 Licence for this pc.

Thank you CAPP :D :D

8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Glad it worked!!

Please come back if you have any more problems :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.