NOD32 Hard To Uninstall According to CNET?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Straight Shooter, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

I Quote CNET ...

"Should you ever want to uninstall NOD32, you're in for a bit of work. While Eset does provide a NOD32 uninstall icon, we found that even after a reboot, only our desktop access to the program had been removed, the underlying files and registry entries remained. Digging deeper, we discovered that installed files, along with several system registry entries, still resided in a program folder labeled Eset. Editing the system registry to remove these files should be done by advanced users only. McAfee also left many files and registry entries behind, Norton was a bit better, leaving only system folders, and only Kaspersky removed every trace of itself upon uninstall."...

From here...

http://reviews.cnet.com/NOD32_2_5/4505-3513_7-32103849.html?tag=txt

My Questions...

1. Is it true? (I know it is)
    2. Do you folks have an "uninstaller", a separate program... If not, how can I tell which registry entries are "ESET", versus the ones that show up when you do a registry search that show up as ESET, that really are "RESET"?

Thanks
    Jim
    PS. I am a 3 computer copy registered user of NOD32. I am asking a support question.

2. covaro

covaro Registered Member

@StraightShooter

The only entries you have to worry about with NOD32 are under:

HKLM\Software\ESET

If you really wanted you could build a *.bat file that would import a registry file that would delete the Key and then RD %PROGRAMFILES%\ESET /q /s.

Just a thought.

-Cov

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As we have a current thread on this old review I have closed this one, you can continue discussions HERE

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.