NOD32 gets the Oscar

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by botzap, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. botzap

botzap Registered Member

Eset's NOD32 Antivirus remains the only product in the world that has not missed a single In the Wild virus in any of the prominent Virus Bulletin tests it had been submitted to, since May 1998! "With its usual admirable performance, NOD32 once again leaves little room for comment and achieves its latest VB 100% award with predictable ease.", commented Virus Bulletin in its February edition granting Eset's antivirus its record 30th Virus Bulletin 100% Award.

Well what ever you do, don't pat yourself on the back.

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I'm sorry, what?

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I don't get it....

Explanation?

snowbound

4. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I think this is what is meant??

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Best purcahse I've made in a long time - NOD32 has saved my bacon a couple of times in just the past month! But I'm not much of a movie fan. How about giving NOD the Lombardi Trophy instead? :D

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Now i do.

We have a KAV fan here. ;)

Thanks for the results. :cool:

snowbound

7. DanL

DanL Registered Member

Bingo! :D

Attached Files:

8. webmedic

webmedic Registered Member

just curious how much info you can get into here a
    well try to get a responce from kasperski also. I have been waiting for 3 or 4 days just for a rep to get back to me about reselling thier product. Lets jsut say when I call nod somebody is there on the phone to talk ot me and not an answering machine that never gets back to you.

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

10. webmedic

um I already resell nod. I was saying that kasperski is impossible to get ahold of.

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Ooops. It's late here. :)

12. webmedic

13. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, I'm a big Nod32 fan also, I use it at home and recommend it at work in most situations, I say A big congratulations to ESET for producing a great product.

The VB results speak for themselves, but its worth noting that no AV is impenetrable, Nod has missed a few real world Malware files in the last twelve months, as has every other AV scanner worth talking about.

AV companies usually have to play catch up, by releasing definitions ASAP after the threat becomes know, i.e. "In the wild", Nod32 really proved itself with Heuristics detections of unknown Malware in the last year that turned out to be some of the worst threats yet seen, protecting its users against new Malware in this way is something that cannot be tested, with sometimes thousands of variants of the same worm/Trojan etc, the Adv Heur of Nod32 is very comforting.

14. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

webmedic,

The people at Kaspersky Labs seem to be letting the guys at ICE Systems handle their US Business as I recently wrote an email to Kaspersky Labs and got a response from them to direct my question to ICE Systems. ICE was quite on the ball and responded quickly and resolved my issue in less than a day. Their main website is www.useice.com and their KAV site is www.ice-kav.com perhaps you could give them a try. Best of luck.

15. webmedic

if you checked the thread I listed. I called them and no responce in multiple days then posted on thier forums and still no responce in multiple days. That was on ice's site by the way And the call was to ice systems directly.

To be honest after this I could really care less how good the av is. It's not worth reselling a product that they could care less about even giveing me a call. To contrast that when I call nod there is somebody to talk to immediatly not just an answering machine with somebody that still has not called back after almost 4 days.

I was seriously looking at kasperski before this. To tell the truth though nod has not let me or my customers down yet and they are responsive and quick for the resellers also. I'm sticking with nod.

16. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I'm also a reseller of NOD32. It is my #1 recommended AV for everybody. I use it on most of my systems (still got a few licenses I'm letting expire) and It is my best selling product.

I love it!

17. webmedic

Yes dont get me wrong I'm very happy with it and never have issues with it at all. The tech support is good and it is always easy to get ahold of somebody. I'm very happy with the product and the company as a whole.

I was just interested at looking at kav since i have heard good things about it but the more I look into that product the less i want to know. I can say I have never heard of or had the issues with nod that others are reporting about having with kav. No to mention the fact that the only way to get thier advanced features they are known for is to spend 69$ for the pro version. To me there is something very wrong about that.

18. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Sorry I didn't read the thread you linked. I also prefer NOD to KAV but I do use KAV as a backup on demand and it hasn't picked up anything NOD let through. Back to your problem though, KL recently changed their database files and how they are stored and had some massive server problems due to this, perhaps all the support/PR people are tied up dealing with that mess and the associated bad press that came with it, I know it isn't much of a consolation but maybe you should give a bit more time. As for relying on NOD, my own personal experience is the reverse of yours, KL(through ICE as explained before) responded rather quickly and my experience with Eset support has been less than stellar to say the least, a few times my good friend Blackspear has had to intercede on my behalf to prod Eset into assisting. Give them some time. These companies are the two best in the AV industry and as such they have alot of people to please.

19. botzap

botzap Registered Member

Very perceptive. (Of course it helped to have access to a few of my older posts.) ;)

By the way, at the end of the game the antivirus SUPERBOWL final score for February 2004 is:

NOD32 Anti-Virus
    95,51%

KAV Personal :cool:
    99,86%

Courtesy:
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Here is quote from the referee of the Supwrbowl Feb 2004...

Link to post 34

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.