NOD32 "folder hide" bug?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by greysky, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greysky

greysky Registered Member

When I accidentaly set eset's default folder into "hide" mode it stops my NOD32 v2.12.3 from receiving updates. it pops up error message showing that the server is down. At first, i thought my AV is corrupted or its just a conflict with other programs but its not. I'm using windows xp professional SP1 with some hot fixes, a look&stop firewall, & processguard installed. any updates regarding this flaw? i hope this post helps other NOD32 users. (sorry for my bad english) ty. ;)

2. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

I never tryed to set the folder properties to HIDE. But in a way it doesn't make sense when updates aren't received anymore. For the running system the folder is still visible.

Did you use a special tool to change the propertie to HIDE?

However... I'll try out if I can reproduce this issue.. I have to wait until I am home though.. and until a new update is available... :)

3. greysky

No, im not using any special tools, just the windows properties "hide" option.

Aside from NOD32, spybots search&destroy also stops receiving updates when the folder is set to "hide". kindly verify this bug. thank you!

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Just curious - why do you want to hide the folder of a working application?

5. greysky

For security purpose.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

is this a shared computer, or one where a number of users might not have the best intentions of the machine in question?

Can't you setup policies and logins/password to prevent users from removing programs or altering them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.