NOD32 "folder hide" bug?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by greysky, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greysky

greysky Registered Member

When I accidentaly set eset's default folder into "hide" mode it stops my NOD32 v2.12.3 from receiving updates. it pops up error message showing that the server is down. At first, i thought my AV is corrupted or its just a conflict with other programs but its not. I'm using windows xp professional SP1 with some hot fixes, a look&stop firewall, & processguard installed. any updates regarding this flaw? i hope this post helps other NOD32 users. (sorry for my bad english) ty. ;)

2. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

I never tryed to set the folder properties to HIDE. But in a way it doesn't make sense when updates aren't received anymore. For the running system the folder is still visible.

Did you use a special tool to change the propertie to HIDE?

However... I'll try out if I can reproduce this issue.. I have to wait until I am home though.. and until a new update is available... :)

3. greysky

No, im not using any special tools, just the windows properties "hide" option.

Aside from NOD32, spybots search&destroy also stops receiving updates when the folder is set to "hide". kindly verify this bug. thank you!

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Just curious - why do you want to hide the folder of a working application?

5. greysky

For security purpose.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

is this a shared computer, or one where a number of users might not have the best intentions of the machine in question?

Can't you setup policies and logins/password to prevent users from removing programs or altering them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.