nod32 file exclusion question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by chrome_sturmen, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

wow, just came across this board as a result of an altavista search for "nod32 forum"- what a great board ;-)

ok, my question:

ive used nod32 for a few years, and would use none other. i have a couple files excluded from the scanner, as these are falsely identified as virii.

i have nod32 set to automatically run a system scan after it updates its signatures- after this scan runs, i get a popup saying somethin like" suspect files were found during scan, see log"

the suspect files are those that i but in the esclusions box, so everytime it runs a scan, i have to see this message, though i exluded these files from scanning in the setup.

how do i stop this? i dont want to be notified everytime that these same files were detected ;-(

thoughts?

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi chrome_sturmen,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

The NOD32 On Demand Scanner does not have a way to exclude files or folders. You are probably thinking of the setup in AMON On Access Scanner that allows you to exclude them.

HTH ;) ...

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I strongly recommend that you put those files to an archive, protect it with the password "infected" and send it to support[at]eset.com with a link to this thread. Normally they should be submitted to samples[at]eset.com. The good news is that we are preparing a new submission system through the web.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

When you submit the files , ESET's support guys will have a look at them and if they are fasle positives , they will be fixed . If they are real malware , you really should remove them because they can expose you to other malware and junk ... and the pottential risk is much higher

5. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

That is an interesting news. And the usual question... any estimated date ? :)

Regards,
    gkweb.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I must finish some details, then we can launch it :)

7. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

When it will be finished in the usual quality :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.