NOD32 failed to connect to server.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sonic6k, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonic6k

sonic6k Registered Member

Hi!

My friend's HP laptop came with F-Secure pre-installed. I uninstalled it and I installed NOD32 (trial, fresh copy), but when it scans all the update servers, it throws an error like "Fail to connect to server".

I did all the steps mentioned in this post of HiTech_Boy:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1027159&postcount=2

Even repairing Winsock didn't help. Internet works fine with Internet Explorer 7 and programs like Yahoo! Messenger can connect to the web too.

What could be the problem?
    Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have a firewall installed?

3. sonic6k

Windows XP Firewall. F-Secure was working fine.

4. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

5. sonic6k

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please confirm the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set to its DEFAULT SETTING of "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for Broadband ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Wireless Broadband, Dialup and Satellite connections.

Check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this NOD32 will update unless a firewall is blocking the Internet connection for NOD32.

Cheers :D

7. sonic6k

Hello Blackspear
    Actually De Hollander (post 4)copied your suggestions if you open the link he provides. we did exactly as you suggested to no avail. However,the antivirus suite(modified f-secure) is installed by the ISP provider. we contacted them and they suggest to reinstall their security suite (F-secure) again and Re-Uninstall it again (why they did it that way, no idea). BUT the problem is the key is already expired means we can not re-install. have you got any bright solution as you always. Thank you.

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I gather you are talking about an F-Secure key? If so, have you tried their support office, explaining that you need to reinstall and uninstall again as advised by your ISP? I'm sure they can provide a temporary key to accomplish this.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.