NOD32 failed to connect to server.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sonic6k, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonic6k

sonic6k Registered Member

Hi!

My friend's HP laptop came with F-Secure pre-installed. I uninstalled it and I installed NOD32 (trial, fresh copy), but when it scans all the update servers, it throws an error like "Fail to connect to server".

I did all the steps mentioned in this post of HiTech_Boy:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1027159&postcount=2

Even repairing Winsock didn't help. Internet works fine with Internet Explorer 7 and programs like Yahoo! Messenger can connect to the web too.

What could be the problem?
    Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have a firewall installed?

3. sonic6k

Windows XP Firewall. F-Secure was working fine.

4. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

5. sonic6k

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please confirm the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set to its DEFAULT SETTING of "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for Broadband ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Wireless Broadband, Dialup and Satellite connections.

Check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this NOD32 will update unless a firewall is blocking the Internet connection for NOD32.

Cheers :D

7. sonic6k

Hello Blackspear
    Actually De Hollander (post 4)copied your suggestions if you open the link he provides. we did exactly as you suggested to no avail. However,the antivirus suite(modified f-secure) is installed by the ISP provider. we contacted them and they suggest to reinstall their security suite (F-secure) again and Re-Uninstall it again (why they did it that way, no idea). BUT the problem is the key is already expired means we can not re-install. have you got any bright solution as you always. Thank you.

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I gather you are talking about an F-Secure key? If so, have you tried their support office, explaining that you need to reinstall and uninstall again as advised by your ISP? I'm sure they can provide a temporary key to accomplish this.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.