NOD32 / Eudora / Yahoo email problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ctguy, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctguy

ctguy Registered Member

Hi Folks. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I have a problem with NOD32 (2.70.32) and Eudora (6.2.3.4) interaction. I use XP, SP2.

I use Eudora to check multiple POP email accounts. One is a Yahoo account, and the other two are from my ISP (Cox). The first time the mail servers are checked, everything is fine. Beginning with the second attempt to retrieve email, I get an error on the Yahoo account. Eudora's error is not specific, saying only "Logging into POP Server" and "Shutting down POP connection".

From this point on, I cannot access my Yahoo email. Nothing but a reboot will solve the problem. At that time, Eudora will successfully retrieve my Yahoo mail, but only once before the problem returns.

My ISP-based email continues to be retrieved normally, indefinitely.

I don't think the problem is with Eudora. I also use Eudora on my laptop, and I use Microsoft's SyncToy to sync all data and settings. The difference is that my laptop has Norton Anti-Virus 2003, and it gets my Yahoo email completely normally.

Can you point out any NOD32 settings that could cause this behavior? This has been going on a long time, and I cannot think of any change that triggered the problem.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I want to convert my laptop to NOD32 (my Norton subscription is running out), but I don't want to do so until this problem is solved. It's a pain to have to reboot every time you want to check your mail.

2. ctguy

ctguy Registered Member

--- Bump ---

Does anyone know why NOD32 would only allow one access of a Yahoo email account before a reboot? Possible clues:

- The email from my ISP is checked without incident.

- A computer with identical email settings, but Norton Anti-Virus instead of NOD32, does not have this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

3. ctguy

ctguy Registered Member

--- Bump ---

Has anyone seen this problem before?

If not, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I believe I would download Thunderbird and see how it reacts.

I use Pop Peeper and check Yahoo as well as several other Web accounts every few minutes and haven't seen what you are seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.