NOD32 / Eudora / Yahoo email problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ctguy, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctguy

ctguy Registered Member

Hi Folks. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I have a problem with NOD32 (2.70.32) and Eudora (6.2.3.4) interaction. I use XP, SP2.

I use Eudora to check multiple POP email accounts. One is a Yahoo account, and the other two are from my ISP (Cox). The first time the mail servers are checked, everything is fine. Beginning with the second attempt to retrieve email, I get an error on the Yahoo account. Eudora's error is not specific, saying only "Logging into POP Server" and "Shutting down POP connection".

From this point on, I cannot access my Yahoo email. Nothing but a reboot will solve the problem. At that time, Eudora will successfully retrieve my Yahoo mail, but only once before the problem returns.

My ISP-based email continues to be retrieved normally, indefinitely.

I don't think the problem is with Eudora. I also use Eudora on my laptop, and I use Microsoft's SyncToy to sync all data and settings. The difference is that my laptop has Norton Anti-Virus 2003, and it gets my Yahoo email completely normally.

Can you point out any NOD32 settings that could cause this behavior? This has been going on a long time, and I cannot think of any change that triggered the problem.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I want to convert my laptop to NOD32 (my Norton subscription is running out), but I don't want to do so until this problem is solved. It's a pain to have to reboot every time you want to check your mail.

2. ctguy

ctguy Registered Member

--- Bump ---

Does anyone know why NOD32 would only allow one access of a Yahoo email account before a reboot? Possible clues:

- The email from my ISP is checked without incident.

- A computer with identical email settings, but Norton Anti-Virus instead of NOD32, does not have this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

3. ctguy

ctguy Registered Member

--- Bump ---

Has anyone seen this problem before?

If not, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I believe I would download Thunderbird and see how it reacts.

I use Pop Peeper and check Yahoo as well as several other Web accounts every few minutes and haven't seen what you are seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.