nod32 Email-protecton help

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dark Shadow, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I just downloaded firefox thunderbird for my default email comcast was my default but I was getting tired of sign in here and there just to get to the web mail and I don't care for outlook express.My question is does nod32 protect this email client. I do not see it in the thunderbird other then a spam folder that says eset how ever I do see it in outlook email Is there anyway to get it to protect thunderbird rather then outlook and If so how do I configure this any help thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it will .

In v2 , IMON will scan all the traffic if it is POP3 - regardless of the application which generated it.

In v3 , the Email protection will do the same , it will scan the POP3 traffic.

If you use other than POP3 , then AMON (eAMON) will scan the emails/attachments upon your access

3. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

But STILL not SSL emails, such as gmail:oops:

Kaspersky can & does when properly set - why can't my favourite, NOD, be coded to do it?

Lots of folk are using gmail's POP & SMTP servers directly from their own email clients, these days and this would be, IMO, a strong selling point for Eset.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Google use very powerful antivirus and antispam filters for their Gmail . I have been using Gmail for more than 2 years now and it never put anything malicious or spamy in by inbox . Everything that has malicious code and/or is treated as SPAM is kept only on their servers (in the SPAM folder) and SPAM folder content never arrives through the POP3 (Googe policy) :thumb:

Should Google break that policy , ESET's AMON (eAMON) will guard you. ;)

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Yup....I've not seen one slip through GMail...they do a great job...but should it..AMON will still be there for you. It's not like....if IMON won't support SSL POP3....you're not protected. AMON is still there.

6. Dark Shadow

In the configuration of eset RC1 3.0 smart security version in the email it says outlook microsoft and email client in the client displays current programs and says if you dont select your email client in may not protect it.I placed a check in the box is that says thunderbird is this correct?

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is :)

8. Dark Shadow

thank you hitech for help very greatfull

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.