NOD32 download - signature base number

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by madaro, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madaro

madaro Guest

Hello NOD forum,

I'm a new Nod user (9 months) and recently had to recover my system and install a fresh copy of NOD32, after installation I noticed the version of signatures was at 2047 and being on dialup I had an additional 20+ minutes of download to bring my version up to date with the current signature version, my question is, how often does Eset update the signature version on the download file ? it's already at a 6+ meg download after installation. Do they do this periodically or with each new version release ? or do they have a set size limit before they update the download file ? Like I said, being on dialup the program is already over an 11+ meg download and having a large update download really adds to a dialup users download time. Thanks.

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Do you mean if the signatures already included with the installer/setup file on ESET's web site should be updated more often? So that there isn't too much signature updates to download (to bring it up-to-date) after it has been installed? If so there was a discussion about this here a while ago related to a false positive. (A user complained that NOD32 flagged something after installing NOD32, but if the user updated the signatures the false positive went away.) I can't remember which thread though, sorry.

3. madaro

madaro Guest

Yes, that is what I meant. I was just wondering how often Eset updated the included virus signatures with the current download file. I will search for that thread also, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It doesn't matter what engine version is included in the installers, the first update always downloads the whole database. This will change with v3.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD has to download everything to be with the newest possible things . A general recommendation would be to change the type of i-net connection since dialup is just very old technology. Other types of connection will help you more and offer you better in everything , not just NOD

Image you had Norton , after you installed it you would have needed to download 20+ Mb . ESET only ~6 :thumb:

6. madaro

madaro Guest

Thank you Marcos. A very lean database indeed, I like that.

7. madaro

madaro Guest

I had Mcafee, it was over 26+ Mb, but high speed is not a viable option for me at the present time, I have to use dialup, it's a matter of economics for me. Thanks HiTech_boy.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Your choice ! You are welcome ! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.