NOD32 doesn't permit to clean virus inside archives

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Evil Ryu, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu Guest

This is my first step in the NOD32 world.

I have done some tests with Eicar test file to find out how good is this antivirus.
    Have you noticed that, after a manual scan, you can't do any action to remove the virus inside eicarcom2.zip?
    "Clean" and "Delete" buttons are not selectable.
    Is NOD32 capable to remove virus in archives or I have to open and run the virus?
    It's a strange behaviour, it has detected the virus inside the zip but I can do nothing to remove it. :eek:

Any explanation is a lot appreciated.

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

To keep is short: virus stored in archive is not dangerous. cant be activated.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

The fact that it can't be activated while in zip format is not the point. You run a weekly scheduled scan in the clean mode. ND32 hangs on all zipped viruses so you can't even run a scheduled scan with NOD32 unless you either run in scan mode only which is stupid or you sit there and watch it the entire time which is also stupid.

NOD32 should automatically send any virus to quarantine including zipped ones and it should not hang but continue scanning after sending the virus to quarantine. Then in quarantine you should be able to clean, rename, etc. At the very least, if it doesn't send it automatically to quarantine, it still should not hang on the virus but should continue scanning until finished, provide a report and a way to try cleaning/ renaming, etc. without having to run NOD32 again but just by clicking on the virus listed in the report. One should not need to unzip in order to clean. That makes no sense. I used to agree with the idea that no big deal because the virus is zipped but I no longer feel this way.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Mele,
    if your NOD32 hangs when scanning a particular archive, please send it to support@nod32.com. NOD32 shouldn't do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.