NOD32 doesn't like Zone Alarm firewall?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jones, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jones

Jones Registered Member

Hello,
    I use NOD32 and now I'd like to installa Zone Alarm Pro but it is impossible.
    Infact after having installed it, when I turn on my PC appears an error blue screen on the monitor and the PC doesn't succeed to shows the desktop.
    If I unistall it, everything is ok.
    I have also installed Zone Alarma (not Pro) but I have the same problem.
    Can you tell me what firewall can I istalla with NOD32?
    It is intuitive.
    thanks Jones

2. MNKid

MNKid Guest

Sygate Pro 5.5.2710 seems to play fine with NOD.

3. Robertbb

Robertbb Registered Member

4. Jones

Jones Registered Member

Can you tell me if Sygate Pro 5.5.2710 is easy to configure?
    thanks

5. marti

marti Registered Member

The problem may be with Zone Alarm, and not with NOD32. If you don't have it on your system, download the newest version of Zone Alarm Pro. Same for NOD32. Uninstall NOD32. Remove Zone Alarm: http://don.hoover.net/uninstall.html Don't be on-line during this process. Now, install ZAP. Be very careful getting on-line, as you don't have an AV to protect you. Reboot a few times, etc. Now try to to install NOD32 again.

6. Jones

Jones Registered Member

>I'd vote for Kaspersky's Anti-Hacker. Very easy to use, light on resources, >and works with Nod32. http://www.kaspersky.com/antihacker

Is it easy to configure and has an intituitive interface?
    I like an easy and intituitive software.

>However, have you tried the new 5.5.007 beta of ZAP?

mmm, I'm afraid to use installa another version of ZA.

thanks

7. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi Jones,

I think Marti is right about the install order, Firewall first then AV. I would also disable other active security software during a firewall install. I had ZAP 5.0.590.043 installed on two different systems first then added NOD32 with no problems. The 5.5 version may have some other problems though, I would check the ZAP forums as well.

8. Nirvy

Nirvy Registered Member

That is the same Problem i had with the new Zonealarm Pro.

If you go to their support forums, you will see 100's of pages of people complaining how unstable Zonealarm 5.x is. They *really* messed up with version 5. Most of their tech support answer simply ask you to go back to ZA 4.5 :\

I have since installed Sygate, its much faster than Zonealarm 5, more stable, more configurable and doesnt use anywhere near the ammount of memory ZAP does.

I definitely recommend Sygate with NOD32 :)

9. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Outpost works well with NOD on my desktop at home. No issues whatsoever.

10. Jones

Jones Registered Member

I inform you I have just unistalled NOD32 and installed Zone Alarm 5 but the problem is the same. I think I will insatall Sygate Pro 5.5.2710

11. mulberry

mulberry Registered Member

Nod32 definately does work with ZA Pro i've had NOD running alongside ZA for 4 months now

12. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Kaspersky Anti-Hacker sucks. It's a VERY basic Firewall, very easy to violate. It has a bad IDS and doesn't protect you from thread injection, DLL launched by others programs, MAC Spoofing, etc. I think that the best firewall is Look'n'Stop. Here work excellent with NOD32. LnS is very stable, useful, light and has many option for protect you than the others firewalls hasn't.

13. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have ZA (free) 4.5.594 with Nod32 2.12.2 and SP2, they all play together nicely. Have you tried this combo Jones?

Cheers :D

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  14. Cyber Surfer

Cyber Surfer Registered Member

And I have ZAP 4.5.594, Nod32 2.12.2, and Win XP Pro with SP2 running fine. I did have problems with all the version 5.0 Zone Alarm Pro software, and made the decision to go back to 4.5.594 until they get their act together. Not impressed with the Zonealarm Pro modifications. :mad:

15. donsan

donsan Registered Member

running the newest ZA pro beta along with nod 2.12 and have had no problems at all they seem to work well together on my xp box.

16. liuzhiyong

liuzhiyong Registered Member

my zonealarm have no problem with nod32

17. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

I've run into a couple minor issues. Not sure if ZA 4.5 Pro or NOD32 is at fault. My bet is NOD32 and the new, shouldn't have been released just yet, IMON module.

FYI I've been messing around with the public beta of ZA Pro 5.5, seems to be a step up from 5.0 and 5.1.

18. donsan

donsan Registered Member

i also use the beta zone alarm pro 5.5.012 and have no issues with nod 2.12 at all they seem to play well together.

19. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Agreed. I also am running this combo (WinXP SP2, NOD 2.12.1, and ZAP Beta 5.5.012). No issues yet. I did have lock-ups upon login with the release version of ZA 5.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.