nod32 doesnt let me install a wireless printer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by relli6, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. relli6

relli6 Registered Member

I am trying to install a wireless hp printer and get the messge that the firewall is in the way. the instructions on how to get the personal firewall going are of the smart security that i think i dont own, i have the nod32. disabeling the antivirus doesnt help. could you?

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

If disabling ESET doesn't help, and you have ESET NOD32 which doesn't even include a firewall, then what makes you think it's an eset issue? Have you tried disabling the inbuilt Windows firewall?

It sounds to me like a rogue message. Does the documentation say whch ports it requires?

Jim

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling http checking in the main setup make a difference?

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

I'd be very worried if disabling the entire NOD32 product didn't solve it, but disabling just a part of it does.

And may I ask why the standard answer from ESET staff these days seems to be to suggest disabling part of their product? Are you acknowledging known issues Marcos?

Jim

5. Marcos

Disabling integration of the entire product with the system (ie. to simulate uninstallation of EAV/ESS) would mean:
    - disabling automatic real-time protection startup to prevent its driver from loading
    - disabling HTTP/POP3 checking to make the traffic not flow via ESET drivers
    - disabling Anti-Stealth, Self-defense to prevent their drivers from loading
    - disabling integration with email clients to prevent plugins from loading
    - switching the firewall integration to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" (in case of ESS) to prevent NDIS/TDI/WFP drivers from loading
    Without narrowing it down to the particular module, nobody will ever be able to provide further instructions for troubleshooting issues.

6. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

8. Marcos

Try adding the printer's IP address to the list of addresses excluded from active protection (IDS) in the zone setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.