Nod32 doesn't complete scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PorkNBeans, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorkNBeans

PorkNBeans Registered Member

I have an ongoing issue since version 5 & am now using version 6 that has the same issue.

I run an indepth scan and whenever Nod32 encounters a folder with large files it just hangs on the scan. I've left it run for over 12 hours and it stays on that same folder. Pressing Pause does nothing, stopping the scan does nothing in terms of actually pausing or stopping it but it will show the message waiting to pause and waiting to stop scan when stop is pressed so the program itself is not hanging just the scan.

I had it happen on a folder that stored a cache of musical waveforms but because I could delete that folder without issues the virus scanner would get beyond that folder but now it hangs on my folder windows\winsxs\Manifests.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can try the following:
    - scan folders one by one and thus narrow it down to the one causing the issue
    - enable logging of all scanned files
    - disable archives and sfx archives and see if it makes a difference.

4. PorkNBeans

I've had it narrowed down for a few weeks now, I wanted to make sure it was something that was repeatedly happening on the same folders. It happens on any folder with gigabytes of information in it, it is definitely something within the program itself perhaps it is the files archived but this needs to be looked into by the Eset dev team to see if they can duplicate it on their end.

I recently ran a chkdsk on all my drives and although no errors were found I'm waiting till Monday (my next scan) to see if it will hang on my winsxs\Manifest folder again. The odd thing is if I scan that folder alone without changing anything at all in the settings it will complete fine but if I do a full computer scan it hangs on that folder, however I want to test that again this Monday to be positive so I'll re-post Monday with the results.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can enable logging of all scanned objects so that you can see the last file scanned.

6. PorkNBeans

Could you point out where in the settings that is?

7. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello PorkNBeans

Go to advanced settings (f5) and do the following. When done scanning just double click on the scanlog. Hope this helps you . :))

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      89 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      42.2 KB
      Views:
  8. PorkNBeans

Thanks

9. Janus

Janus Registered Member

You're welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.