NOD32 Does Not Appear to Start/Run at System Startup/Reboot

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mlittle1105, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlittle1105

mlittle1105 Registered Member

Experienced a power outage two days ago. Until that time, NOD32 was working fine.

While at a hotel, I tried to recover files (using Carbonite) on my notebook computer. I was not aware that this was not possible without transferring the Carbonite license/service from the desktop PC to the notebook PC. I transferred the license and was able to recover my files.

Now I am back home. I have switched Carbonite back to my desktop PC. However, somewhere around this time, NOD32 has stopped running. It does not load an icon in the system try, and I cannot find anything "ESET NOD32" related when I pull up the Processes list in the Task Manager.

Opening the app from my start menu and running a scan appears to work just fine. But, in spite of several reboots, I no longer seem to have 'round the clock' coverage.

Can anyone help?

PS: Real-time file system protection IS enabled, as is "Automatic real-time file system protection startup."

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Do the following:
    1. Set the Eset service to 'automatic' using 'services.msc'
    2. Using 'msconfig', make sure 'egui' is checked in the 'Startup' tab.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Are you still experiencing a problem with ESET NOD32 Antivirus not appearing? If so, you may wish to try downloading the latest build of the software, uninstall the existing build, reboot and then install the freshly-downloaded build of the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.