Nod32 disabled by a virus.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Osaban, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

As the title says I keep reading about AVs (not only Nod) being disabled by a virus. Originally this was the main reason to have HIPS on my system, to protect from termination other security programs. I've decided to run without HIPS as my system is always on a virtual mode.

My query is why wouldn't Nod use the same protection against termination that seems to be common to most HIPS?

Would passwording access to Nod improve the odds against termination?

Would protecting the registry help as well against termination?

I think it is bad enough for an AV to miss a virus, but to be disabled as well it seems to me almost humiliating.

By all means it's never happened to me (touch wood) and I'm very happy with Nod's performance.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 detects all threats that have tried to disable it in the past . As already said in the forum , ESET keep improving heuristics to detect all kind of new threats including those which might try to disable/kill NOD32.

In other words , if AMON is ON there should be no malware that can kill NOD and remain alive :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.