Nod32 didnt found the Virus "antivirus soft"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Avides, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avides

Avides Registered Member

Hi,

we had Problems with the Virus "antivirus soft". Eset didnt detect it and the PC was infected. How can this be happen?

Greetz from Germany

Avides

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Generally speaking, not everything can be blocked, detected, removed by security software. Nothing is totally unimpregnable.

Removal guide for this Rogue here Do not attempt without Expert assistance !

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello Avides,

ESET can see and clean these types of threats with the SysRescue utility which is included in the program. You create a bootable disk containing the AV. This allows ESET to run independent of the host operating system. It's explained in detail in Section 5.5 of the manual.

BFG

4. Avides

Avides Registered Member

Thx for your Help. We found all infected Files and now the PC runs virus free.

Avides

5. siljaline

So that we may all benefit, may I ask how you accomplished this ? :)

6. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I ran across this on a pc a couple weeks ago and removed it using the directions on the link below.
    http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-soft.html
    Sorry I didn't submit to Eset but was pressed for time. Interesting to note, this infection renders the pc fairly unresponsive and unable to open a lot of things. However I found if I ran a manual scan of NOD on the pc I could then open various windows to gain control of the system while the scan was running. I had to manually remove and at the time Malwarebytes was also unable to remove it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  7. siljaline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.