NOD32 did not detect/clean Trojan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bdgiant, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdgiant

bdgiant Registered Member

Did a scan in normal mode and safe mode w/ NOD32. Ad-Aware keeps detecting six win32Trojan.tdss viruses...NOD32 missed them.

Whatever it is, it redirects my yahoo searches to a "Miva AK" page...Google works fine.

It won't let me open Spybot S&D, ComboFix, or several other malware detection/removal programs. I even tried renaming them, but no luck.

I tried TREDMicro House Call internet malware detection. It found it, but couldn't fix it.

There are about half a dozen 'temp' files that will not be deleted.

How do I fix this?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Have you used SysInspector and contacted Eset support?

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Can you get MalwareBytes installed, updated, and run a scan in with it in safe mode?

or if not, slave this hard drive in another computer and scan it with malwarebytes and Antivir.

4. bdgiant

bdgiant Registered Member

SKYNET

It turns out that my computer had a variation of the Skynet virus. I took several avenues to finally delete it.

An after thought. I purchased NOD32 because a few years ago, it was to be the best anti-virus software with 100% detection/cleaning capabilities. I hope they can work out this weakness in there programing. Through research, many others have had trouble with this same virus.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: SKYNET

That's nasty malware . Hopefully you have managed to kill it. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.