NOD32 destroyed Becky Internet Mail.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Pebbler, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pebbler

Pebbler Registered Member

Hi,

I had NOD32 working well scanning my incomming messages in Becky Internet Mail, all was working very well until ...........

Yesterday, NOD32 intercepted a virus in an attachement in Becky, it popped up and told me it quarentained the infect attachment. All well.

Next time I opened up Becky to check some 12 accounts, becky crashed with some message that the database has been corrupted.

Everytime I started Becky afterward, 1 or more mailbox INCLUDING EVERY RECEIVED MAIL dissapeared to nomansland.....

Conclusion : Thanks to this NOD32's wonderfull mail cleaning action, I have lost 12 mail accounts, hundreds of mails, and 12 critical mails containing Licenses for Shareware I bought !!!!!

All is gone !

What exactly does NOD32 do when an infected item is found, for it to destroy the whole program and all my emails !?!? :mad: :(

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

3. Pebbler

How come I'm not surprised that an ESET-programmer or moderator can/will NOT help someone when NOD32 is clearly at fault ? Why are they only here when there is a possibility of blaming the other one to be at fault ?

What will happen with Outlook Express if NOD32 finds a trojan in an attachment there ? Why does the Global Administrator convinces everyone that all the default actions for NOD32 should be "Cleaning" while he definatelly knows that this will break things up ? :mad:

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Europe has only a few hours ago come on line, so please be patient.

How exactly are you determining that NOD32 is "clearly at fault"?

Stop trolling :mad:

On arrival it will warn about it, if the action is set to delete, it will delete it. With an On Demand Scan it will warn only, and manual deletion is required by the user.

I gather you are referring to me; a Global "Moderator", I am not a site owner/Administrator.

1.2 million views of the Extra Settings thread can not be wrong, besides which all actions are performed with Quarantine TICKED in that thread.

I have never personally seen NOD32 "break" anything, nothing, nada, zip.

Blackspear.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  5. Blackspear

One Trolling post removed. Any similar post will be removed without notice.

Blackspear.

6. Pebbler

First of all, if you call someone who is mad because his system is destroyed, a troll, then the world is full of trolls.

Secondly, I have set in EMON (the module that did it) under Actions : "Notify and prompt for an action"

It did notify, I did not choose to delete it/change something. Yet it DID !

7. Blackspear

Your particular sentence was nothing but trolling, nothing more, nothing less.

EMON is for Microsoft Outlook ONLY, nothing else. It may be that your PST file has become corrupt. I have had Outlook go corrupt on me 4 times in 4 years, I won't touch it with a barge pole. For the last 18 months I have been using Thunderbird and backing that up daily.

Obviously if anything is that important you would have backups from yesterday, the day before, the day before that... so it would be time to install one of the backups that you have made.

Blackspear.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  8. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Shills-that is what the vast majority of these people are who make such claims. They are nothing but competitor's shills or plants to attempt to discredit an incredibly efficacious AV.

I have posted before that these people are largely frauds, and I do not think given the "facts" about the alleged email deletions, that this one is any different.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 does not take any actions if a threat is found in an email file (eml, dbx), it will only offer the Leave button. I'll need step-by-step instructions as how to replicate this problem because NOD32 has never allowed me to delete an email file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.