Nod32 cure for ailing install

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rilla927, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi everybody,

I finally got Nod installed, but I need help with a couple small things to work out.

I attached a file if you would like to take a look at it. It shows the scanned files.

When it came to the "Scheduled Planner", I went through and tick marked all the options five times and the settings will not stay, it's as if I never set them at all. I know I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. Rilla927

I keep getting these now:

Attached Files:

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Hmm.. The last image you posted is because NOD is already installed (and updated), that's why it warns you about an older signature file. Try to uninstall NOD, delete the 'Program files\Eset' folder, restart the pc, download a fresh copy from nod32.com and install it again.

Maybe the settings won't be saved because you had a trial installed and forgot to uninstall it prior to installing the commercial version?

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Rilla927:

How about if you explain what you are trying to accomplish. ;) One would assume you are attempting to set up a scheduled scan.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Is your computer systems clock correct, as in does it have todays date?

Have you seen this thread on setting up a Scheduled Scan?

Cheers :D

6. Rilla927

@ Rumpstah

I just got back on line.

In post #1 where you see C drive I was just trying to do a scan from that exact interface and I wondered why all those files were locked. Whatever I did when I tried to set it up I done something wrong.

I want to thank you for the pre-configured Nod32, that was wonderful. Installed with out a hitch.

Now, in order to do a manual scan once a week which should I use, "Local" or "In Depth Analysis" and could you explain the difference?:D

Thanks very much for everything!

@Brian N

Thanks to Rumpstah I received a new copy to install.

@Blackspear

The clock was correct, I just messed it up some how, but thanks for your help/link.

7. Rilla927

Hi everyone,

Can anyone explain why those files in my screen shot in post #1 are locked, are they always that way when you do a manual scan? If files are locked what is it, it's actually scanning. I have never seen that before in an AV Scanner. Sorry if it seems like a dumb question.:)

Thanks

8. Blackspear

Hi Rilla, see post number 80 here.

9. Rilla927

Hi Blackspear,

are you saying I need to follow those directions in order to enable the manual scan? Disregard that Blackspear, I forgot Rumpstah gave me a pre-configured Nod. Dah, I 'm on this computer too......long sometimes.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  10. Blackspear

No, post number 80 states: [4] Locked Files are password protected or Windows System Swap Files, it is unlikely for such a file to be infected, however the possibility still remains ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.