Nod32 crippled & defeated by the ultimate virus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bahamutzero, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bahamutzero

bahamutzero Registered Member

I was using Nod32 version 3.0.566.0 surfing a site & suddenly nod32 goes nuts, It seems to have been crippled & defeated by this ultimate virus which I did some research on. It completely destroyed my windows. Good thing I have another hard drive on a another computer for backup & repartition & format my harddrive again. . It is called a metamorphic virus which i found out when I did some research.. It somehow attack nod32 self defense first & after disabling nod32, it downloads other virus into your computer. It works like AIDS.
    '

Here is the definition. Metamorphic Viruses can reprogram itself. Often, it does this by translating its own code into a temporary representation, edit the temporary representation of itself, and then write itself back to normal code again. Metamorphic code is more effective than polymorphic code. This is because most anti-virus software will try to search for known virus-code even during the execution of the code. Whether Heuretics & proactive defense & behavioral analysis can effectively stop these next generation of mallware, that remains to be seen.

Eset should do something about the ultimate virus.o_O

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I'm using NOD alongside comodo V3 with Defense + activated. That ought to be enough to handle this new threat plus all the usual one's.

Got to wonder why these virus writers don't put their obvious talents to good use.

3. bahamutzero

I agree on you on that, why do these losers keep creating powerful threatso_O o_Oinstead of working for the benefit of society . These threats even beats polymorphic viruses which present av has difficulty in detecting & disinfection!!! IC I try out Comodo Firewall Version 3 since you recommended it.

4. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

I am also using Comodo V3 along side NOD. I am however using 2.7.39 as I reverted back to that. I will give it a little while longer before moving back to V3 of NOD.

5. bahamutzero

IC. I on the other hand find version 3.0.566.0 okay except for this vulnerability of nod32 to this threat. I wonder how the other antivirus will fare against this powerful threato_Oo_O?? o_O . I have a feeling that this new threat will soon become common so Eset should do something about this powerful threat. I also found out that it has its own viral engine unlike the older types of viruses. It can almost change completely into another file & it is designed to destroy your antivirus proven by this fact. :'(

6. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

bahamutzero, my sympathies for the hardships that you've undergone due to this virus - can you provide a link to that site, please?

7. bahamutzero

Are you sure you want to challenge this viruso_O. I think I stumbled upon it by chance. Im kinda afraid to do it again you know, you get what I mean!!!, A virus that can destroy nod32 is no laughing matter, are you trying to commit suicide on your computero_Oo_O? o_O o_O

8. bahamutzero

Are you sure, you want to do it.o_O I was too scared because of the experience that I forgot that website. You can try searching it on google, search you know what I mean sites with triple a hint, you know what I meano_Oo_O o_O Are you sure you want to challenge this virus, you either got guts or are you crazyo_Oo_O

9. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

First of all, no public posting of links to suspected malware containing sites nor requests for the same. Thanks in advance for understanding.

Second, and specifically to bahamutzero/ultragunnerdcl/numerous other names that have appeared on the net these past few days:

It is firmly against this forum's TOS to create multiple accounts under distinct member names and use that implied diversity of opinion and sources to support any personally driven agenda, or in the pursuit of bashing any product.

This thread is closed

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.