NOD32 conflict with TrojanHunter 4.5 (Win98SE)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mowergun, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mowergun

    mowergun Registered Member

    Apr 22, 2002
    Some time ago I tried a scan of my computer with my NOD32 and the scan terminated with the following error:

    NOD32 caused an invalid page fault in
    module KERNEL32.DLL at 019f:bff9da1a.
    EAX=008e0108 CS=019f EIP=bff9da1a EFLGS=00210202
    EBX=01b1ecb0 SS=01a7 ESP=008dffec EBP=008e010c
    ECX=008e00b8 DS=01a7 ESI=008e0214 FS=35bf
    EDX=008e012c ES=01a7 EDI=008e012c GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    50 51 ff 75 08 8d 85 e0 fe ff ff 50 ff 75 0c e8
    Stack dump:

    I didn't have time to investigate this at the time, however yesterday I revisited the issue. I tried shutting down everything except systray and explorer, but the scan always terminated with the same error.

    Noting the "Stack dump" at the end of the error I tried inserting the line "MinSPs=6" in the 386Enh section of the system ini. When I rebooted only amon protection module loaded. Imon, emon, dmon and Nod32 protection modules would not load. On a second reboot only amon and Nod32 modules loaded. On each subsequent reboot only amon loaded, so I deleted the "MinSPs=6" line from the 386Enh section of the system ini and then rebooted and all modules loaded successfully.

    I read somewhere that KERNEL32dll errors can be caused when an application attempts to access a protected file or disc sector or something like that. So I rescanned with NOD32 repeatedly noting when the error occured. The error occured each time when NOD32 was scanning the TrojanHunter program directory, so I uninstalled TrojanHunter, rebooted and tried another scan with NOD32. This time NOD32 completed a scan successfully without error.

    I knew that a newer version of TrojanHunter was available, but I had not yet upgraded over my slow dial-up connection. I downloaded the installer for the latest version of TrojanHunter (version 4.6) and installed it. Then I rebooted and scanned with NOD32 and the scan completed successfully without error.

    So upgrading from TrojanHunter 4.5 to 4.6 solved the problem. I just thought I would post this in case someone else is having the same problem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.