NOD32 conflict with outlook?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dbaxter55, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaxter55

dbaxter55 Registered Member

I installed NOD32 -- no issues with the install, but my incoming email (using MS-outlook) stopped working. I only got a generic "errors" shown when the send/receive box popped up. When I uninstalled NOD32 everything worked -- no other changes were made. Is there some setting I am missing?

Network: no network per se, but am connected broadband through a Siemens speestream router with a hardware firewall.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

What version of Outlook are you using?

Cheers :D

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Have you updated MS Office?

4. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

why updates ?

NOD32 is working gr8 with all version as per my experience.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    For one thing...it's just as important in my opinion..as maintaining your Windows updates. Microsoft releases Office updates..which fix issues with their Office products...as well as fix security vulnerabilities. A prudent network administrator keeps the network up to date with Office fixes as well as Windows fixes.

Office updates also can fix some compatibility issues, and introduce new functionality which some dependent apps will require. Many 3rd party applications will have requirements of having some things like Office at a minimal service pack level. Years of experience in IT consulting as shown me this.

Sometimes installing an Office service pack will help "heal" a broken Office component..putting correct and healthy system files back in place. Sure is quicker than digging out the Office CD..doing an uninstall/reinstall. As doing an Office update takes but a few minutes.

Several times on this forum...I have seen posts about Outlook not behaving correctly..and when I reply to update it with Office service packs and other updates....I have seen it fix the OPs issue.

6. dbaxter55

dbaxter55 Registered Member

Thanks for all of the input. I believe my problem was that I did not uninstall McAfee before installing NOD32. I disabled everything in McAfee but it still was loading on startup. Everything was fine except outlook with both loading, so there is some weird conflict between my machine, mcafee and NOD. NOD32 is working fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.