NOD32 cannot detect Adware GenPack

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shamsay, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamsay

shamsay Registered Member

Today i scanned my computer with Bitdefender Online Scan.found 2 Adware GenPack.before this i already scan with NOD32.but no threat found.is it NOD32 not update this adware definitions.now i,m hesitate with NOD32 protection.can anyone explain this problem.Thanx :D o_O :ninja:

2. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

Nod32 is an antivirus program, and excels in killing off viruses. Recently an anti-adware component was introduced. It is a secondary service, so don't expect it to be perfect (for the time being). Nod32 is not meant to replace Ad-aware/Spybot/your favorite adware killer. So use them, and no such problems will occur.

3. shamsay

shamsay Registered Member

OK.i know NOD32 is an antivirus.but why BItdefender can detect it?That means anti-adware for NOD32 still in progress?still cant detect new adware.by the way i love used NOD32.very light and smooth.hope NOD32 can improve adware detection for next time.:)

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Yeah, NOD32 has just started with Ad-Aware detection but ESET is improving engine with every single update. If you find any ad-aware which NOD32 doesnt detect just send it to ESET:)

5. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

I'm 100% sure it will. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.