NOD32 Business Edition causing issues on SBS2008?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by andys27, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andys27

andys27 Registered Member

Six months ago I installed an SBS2008 box to a small company network (originally had no server). I have had the following issues:

1. Hangs on "applying user settings" and "applying redirected folder settings" when logging on remotely - after 30minutes or so I can log on

2. Hangs when clicking the Network tab in the SBS console, then after 10minutes or so it states a Vista power management error (power management in windows vista is disabled so I should not get this message)

3. Users have trouble accessing some websites and cannot send emails until I restart the server

Having looked at everything else I have moved onto suspecting that NOD32 may be a cause of some of these issues. I just installed the Business Edition of the product and did not configure it in any way. Do I need to configure it and should I change the edition to the Mail Server edition?

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

3. andys27

Hi BFG, Thanks for the links, no I have not done that, I will get to it right away.

Any thoughts as to the edition (business) I am using? Is it the correct one for SBS2008 or would I be better with a mail server edition? I have currently got forefront security installed (update licence expired).

Thanks. Andy

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi Andy,

I would stay with the version you're using now.

I would think that the mail server edition would be more for a dedicated Exchange Server.

BFG

5. andys27

Thanks for the advice BFG. I will make changes and report back if I still get the issues.

6. andys27

Hi BFG and others,

It seems that adding those exceptions may have solved our issues, we will know more in a few days as hangs tend to occur every 2-3 days.

Another question I need answering you may be able to help with is what would you do with MS Forefront Security application used to protect Exchange on the SBS box? The trial has ran out, I am not sure of the way forward, remove it? purchase a licence? Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.