NOD32 breaks WheresGeorge.com

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mikeblas, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

I find that WheresGeorge.com takes between 30 and 120 seconds to load a page when NOD32 is active. If I deactivate NOD32, the site works normally.

How do I fix this?

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Loads instantly for me.

3. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Hi,
    I just checked and it works perfect. The page open super fast. (I have NOD32 v4.0.424.0)

Jedi_m

4. gisuck

gisuck Registered Member

The problem isn't with NOD32, but their AD space "yieldmanager.com" not serving up the AD page quickly enough. Otherwise the page loads fine.

5. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

It works fine on machines where I don't have NOD32 installed, and is slow on machines where NOD32 is installed. If I disable NOD32 on those machines, it works fine there, too.

6. denno

denno Registered Member

same issue, but different affected site. Using ESS v4 here.

when clicking on the search button in a forum, it appears to be intercepting ad.yieldmanager.com which is loaded in the background. it also intercepted the same site on another random page when i was looking for a solution to something. sure enough, firefox appeared to be waiting on ad.yieldmanager.com

I found with HTTP checking disabled, the page loads fine. With it re-enabled, it's slow. on another PC which has no NOD, it's fast. o_O

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

No issues here, running third-party software like SpyBot HOSTS File or Tea-Timer ? That might be the problem or similar. You might want to post back what third-party security software installed.

8. denno

denno Registered Member

can you reach http://ad.yieldmanager.com ?

on ESET SS v4 (latest) it just times out, as in firefox says "Waiting for ad.yieldmanager.com" and just sits there forever.

on a PC with no protection (Vista - experimental installation which has nothing installed) it loads up immediately with a "Not Found" text message that looks like some administrator set up to stop people viewing the index. ie. it works but loads immediately.

no other software is installed. just XP SP3 (x86) with really not much on it but office programs for study.

just to update: Internet Explorer (7.0) doesn't have the issue. Appears to be some sort of issue with Firefox (3.0.0.10) with ESET.

when i put a red cross through firefox.exe under the 'Web Browsers' section, reload firefox, the site above works (text: Not Found). so it's something related to a combination of firefox + eset. Be very interested to see if others can see the site i mentioned in the first line

Last edited: May 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.