NOD32 Bootable Scanner

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Capp, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I know this question has been asked and probably answered, but I cannot find it.

Where can I find the instructions on creating a boot disk that allows me to scan and clean a system with NOD32 without having to do an install? For those stubborn customers that insist on keeping their McAfee or Norton, this way I can get a nice clean system and leave them with their chosen AV.

I need to find this answer as soon as possible please.

Thank You,
    Capp

2. joel406

joel406 Registered Member

I would also be interested in one of those. What I have to do now is remove the infected drive and slave it to a bench system running NOD32 and scan the drive from within the bench OS. A bootable CD version of NOD32 would be so awesome.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Make sure NOD32 is updated . Then simply create a bootable disc (I use Nero) and put ESET's folder inside this disk (C:\Program files\ESET) . Burn .

Then boot from the CD/DVD ,open the ESET folder and run nod32.exe with parameters such as these

Code:
    /local /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I tried your method above, exactly....I get the "This program cannot run in dos mode" error. Any advice?

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I could not get it to work booting to the disk itself, but I was able to get it to scan by creating a batch file with the above command and running it in safe mode.

Thanks for the help btw :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.