NOD32 Bootable Scanner

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Capp, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I know this question has been asked and probably answered, but I cannot find it.

Where can I find the instructions on creating a boot disk that allows me to scan and clean a system with NOD32 without having to do an install? For those stubborn customers that insist on keeping their McAfee or Norton, this way I can get a nice clean system and leave them with their chosen AV.

I need to find this answer as soon as possible please.

Thank You,
    Capp

2. joel406

joel406 Registered Member

I would also be interested in one of those. What I have to do now is remove the infected drive and slave it to a bench system running NOD32 and scan the drive from within the bench OS. A bootable CD version of NOD32 would be so awesome.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Make sure NOD32 is updated . Then simply create a bootable disc (I use Nero) and put ESET's folder inside this disk (C:\Program files\ESET) . Burn .

Then boot from the CD/DVD ,open the ESET folder and run nod32.exe with parameters such as these

Code:
    /local /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I tried your method above, exactly....I get the "This program cannot run in dos mode" error. Any advice?

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I could not get it to work booting to the disk itself, but I was able to get it to scan by creating a batch file with the above command and running it in safe mode.

Thanks for the help btw :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.