NOD32 Beta And Eicar Test

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Graystoke, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I installed NOD32 Beta a couple of days ago. Today I decided to do the Eicar test.

When I clicked on eicar.com, NOD32's virus warning window openned but the only option was to Terminate Conection. When I tried to close the window, I got a warning message. I clicked yes, the virus warning window closed and then opened again. I tried to close it again, and again the warning message. I clicked yes again and the window closed and opened again this time with the familiar options of Clean, Delete or Remove. Also the eicar file download box didn't pop up until the last virus warning window opened.

With NOD32 2.0009, the options, Clean, Delete, Rename were there when the virus warning window opened the first time.

Hope how I explained this makes sence.

PS.........I like the way NOD32 Beta catches both eicar zip files before openning. :)

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

One may want to try the settings shown here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42674

3. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

It's caused, because IMON has intercepted the eicar tes file and not AMON and IMON has only "Terminate" and close option when detect something in HTTP clients. If AMON caught the file i.e from a CD, then you'll have others option: close, desinfect (if the virus can be desinfected), delete, etc...

4. Graystoke

Thanks for that information sir_carew. One other question if I may. When I click on Terminate, I get a Network Error page stating unable to read URL: socket read failed. If eicar were a real bad guy, does this mean that NOD wouldn't let it get through and my PC is safe?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Yes, that is correct :D

Cheers :D

6. Graystoke

Thanks Blackspear. Feeling better already. ;) :D

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem is that some browsers attempt to continue downloading interrupted file continually. Please tell me the exact browser name and version you are using.

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are also protected by AMON, and if you run a Weekly scan, you will be just fine...

Cheers :D

9. Graystoke

Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.