NOD32 + Axiscam = TMP files use up all available disk space

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nSpectre, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nSpectre

nSpectre Registered Member

I'm setting up a security camera master server connected to four Axis Communications Axiscam 207 IP cameras.

When I load up their Camera Station monitoring software, for each camera that begins streaming video data to the server, it appears that NOD32 is creating a temp file that subsequently inflates in size until all available disk space is consumed.

I.E; if three cameras are in operation, I'll see three temp files similar to:
    IHA0BD.tmp 9,773,964 KB
    IHA0BE.tmp 9,857,568 KB
    IHA0BF.tmp 12,660,568 KB

Axis technical support specifically asked if I was running NOD32 and suggested un-installing it. It's a problem they've seen before. After un-installing NOD32 the problem, to my surprise, did go away.

How can I stop this behaviour?

Or how can I configure NOD32 on this server and still maintain a high degree of protection?

TIA

-----
    WinXP SP2
    NOD32 SMB 25-user 2.70.32 (defs: 2569 20071003)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. sparx

sparx Registered Member

Most likely, you will need to exclude the program folders for that software as well as any temp folders that are being created. I'd also recommend setting AMON to not scan all files by going into the AMON Setup > Extensions and uncheck 'Scan All Files'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.