NOD32 AV - romanian website

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pykko, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Today, I've noticed the new, improved romanian website of NOD32. www.nod32.ro
    It is similar to the global one and everyone can get now a lot of information much easy. (for those that are not speaking english).

The old graphic interface was just awful. This one is very good. :thumb:

2. ugly

ugly Registered Member

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

the only thing I don't like is that you can't buy NOD32 directly from the internet on this website. There is only one form for companies... :(
    And I don't get why official price is 39$ on nod32.com and in Romania you can buy it with 50$. :'(

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Come in Bulgaria and live here . Here NOD32 costs only 39.00 USD like in most countries :D :D :D

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Ultimately isn't is up to each reseller what price they will ask?

AFAIK US$39 is the Recommended Retail Price for the US. AU$64.50(inc GST) is the RRP for Australia - there are some I have seen that set their retail price much higher, but isn't that up to them?

A higher price may or may not mean less sales - a higher price may = more sales...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

$50 here in Denmark too, $25 for a renewal. Wish it was taxfree :D

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't know for you but the Distributor doesn't allow me to sell 1-year NOD32 for more than 39 USD here (no VAT) :)
    23 USD for renewal (no VAT)

8. NOD32 user

And that could well be the difference...
    Working backwards so as to be able to compare prices, after you first take out GST and then do your currency conversion and then allow for IMT or other fees the retail price of NOD32 in Australia is within a few percent of the price in the US....
    One phone call from here to the US to get support from the reseller you purchased from and you would definately have been miles better off to buy locally and get access to local support...
    It's pretty much the same situation all over. (resellers who ask more than the RRP excluded of course :D)

Cheers :)

9. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, taking into account the economical aspect here in Romania where sallarys are about $200 and US where sallarys are $3000 judge by yourself if a reseller should sell the product at a so high price. :(

10. NOD32 user

At the moment I don't decide what the exchange rates are (but I would be willing to take on this job in the future - I have developed a simple formula called the 'Gold Standard' :D) and I don't decide how much people get paid either. It's far less than that for me to judge what price another business should ask for a product. Instead let the purchaser decide what price they are willing to pay the same way a seller gets to decides what price they want to ask :)

Cheers :)

11. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Yes, the final decision goes definetly to sellers. ;)

12. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Well we gotta pay 25% extra - So If I buy something that costs $100 I gotta pay $125.

So $50-25% = $37.5 + reseller gotta to make a living.
    If that wasn't bad enough, they also take 43% off our salary... Gotta love taxes..
    But then again, we get free health insurance & stuff like that :)

13. pykko

pykko Registered Member

well, for us is 19% extra as far as I know. Anyway, they've improved the website with our taxes I guess, so there is something to be happy with finally. :D :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.