NOD32 AV 4.2.58.3, Outlook 2010, and Gmail - not playing nice together

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Balthazor, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthazor

Balthazor Registered Member

I am getting sporadic and recurring POP3 connection errors with the most recent NOD32 AV release, Outlook 2010, and Gmail. Specifically it is telling me that my 'encryption type is not supported' when attempting to retrieve email from the Gmail servers.

This occurs maybe 75% of the time. You can test for the error by either doing a send/receive or going into your Email Accounts screen, selecting the gmail account, and choosing 'repair'; it will attempt to reset your account settings and make a connection, and will fail more often than not.

Disabling NOD32 POP3S checking and restarting Outlook prevents this error from occuring, from what I've been able to tell. I did not have this problem with the previous NOD32 AV release.

Am I the only one who has noticed this? It is possible I may have other complicating factors, but the fact that I can remove the errors by disabling POP3S checking leads me to believe it is an ESET issue.

2. majorpayne

majorpayne Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.