Nod32 Antivirus4 on servers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by itpartners, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itpartners

itpartners Registered Member

We have rolled out updates for some clients from nod32 v2 to nod32v4, and had to roll back some servers to v2 as v4 basically killed server performance..

exclusions etc did not help..

I see there is a new engine update as of yesterday that may address these issues.. but how can i force an engine update.. i can force a definition update, but not an engine update.

Im also having a problem with some servers lagging behind in updates (2 of 10 or 12 servers).. all of a sudden updates arent detected from the local mirror for 2 servers.. i can force a definition update, but it says no updates available..

All the other servers are happily getting updates from this mirror.. I change it to update from the web and it gets the updates happily.

We skipped version 3 as it was the 'vista' version of nod32, and we were hoping version 4 is the 'windows 7' but so far it seems a bit non-production ready?
    o_O

2. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Download the newest 4.0.467.0 from their website.. I do not believe that NOD has "engine" updates.. I know you can update modules through some settings, but not newer builds. Version 3 is a good build the bad reputation may have been from early releases, and people hating the change from V2.. I still run V2 on some servers, but all other servers are running Version 3, and working great.

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

set it up as advised here

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I'm still having to stick with 2.7 on my clients servers. 3 and esp 4 simply kill performance too much.
    And even with 2.7 I open up settings waaaaay more than what's in that link nonoise posted above...I do quite a bit more loosening up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.