NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.669.0 real time file system protection problems

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by prutulica, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prutulica

prutulica Registered Member

Hello.
    I've been running NOD32 3.0.669.0 for about 2 weeks and today I got infected with Neshta.A virus.
    What is strange is that when I scan from within NOD32 itself or from context menus it is able to detect this virus... However, if try to manipulate the virused files (move, rename and even launch!) it doesn't detect anything...
    The "Real-time file system protection" is enabled, ALL the options available for it under "Advanced setup" are checked and I disabled "Optimized scanning" as well. So the real-time protection I'm using is at maximum... and still the situation doesn't change at all.
    On "Scan on" there are the following options (checked of course): File Open, File Creation, File Execution.
    Any ideas why it behaves like thiso_O I mean NOD32 clearly is able to detect the virus when I force a manual scan... but why it isn't able to detect it on the fly as I "play" with the viruses files (on my local hdd)?
    I tend to believe this is a bug.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Probably because you don't have Advanced Heuristics enabled in real time.

3. prutulica

prutulica Registered Member

As I said in the original post, everything is checked (Advance Heuristics, Runtime Packers etc)... as for extensions, "Scan all files" is checked.
    I've isolated the virus and I kept one virused file for test purposes... so if anyone wants to make a test and see if they experience the same problem (no virus detection, the virus is only detected during manual scan) when moving the file around on hdd let me know.

4. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

Make sure you have checked everywhere in the Setup -> Objects; Options and Cleaning - Strict Cleaning. Then, log into Safe Mode and scan with ESET NOD32 Antivirus. If you still have problems, download ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta 1 and try it:
    http://www.eset.eu/produkts/eset-smart-security-4-beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.