NOD32 and YahooPOPs

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by spin, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spin

spin Guest

I am wondering if anyone here has found a way to have NOD32 successfully scanning Yahoo! email that comes into the POP3 email client via a non-standard port from an open source add-on called YahooPOPs.

YahooPOPs allows me to check my Yahoo! email account by acting as a POP3 proxy between my email client (The Bat! Corporate) and the Yahoo http servers. I have to use a nonstandard port for The Bat!'s and YahooPOPs POP3 ports (I use 124 instead of 110). Port 110 is already taken by the proxy system I run for my real POP3 accounts in The Bat! and the mailservers I run in Pittsburgh and elsewhere for my business. NOD32 scans the regular POP3 account email just great since they are operating over port 110. NOD32 doesn't see the customised port 124 POP3 traffic, however :(

Anyone know how I could get NOD32 to see not only the port 110 data under IMON, but also start scanning on port 124 as well? (sigh)

Thank you in advance.
    spin

2. spin

spin Guest

Sweet ... I did it. NOD32 is now also monitoring port 124 POP3 email traffic! I just opened the IMON SETUP, and on the line asking for 'Ports used by POP3 protocol' I entered: 110,124

Just simple comma separation! NOD32 picked out the test viruses like a charm! Awesome and fluid program, ESET! Good Job!

/spin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.