nod32 and xp2 security centre issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tobamore, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

Hello,
    This is not a major issue, but a little annoying. Sometimes I have need to switch off amon (for example, when rtunning tds or kav on demand scans) this used to alert security centre to tell me that I'm not protected, this is no longer the case. I have even completely un/re-installed nod32 to no avail, any ideas please? Security centr IS still monitoring my av by the way...

2. tobamore

I may be able to answer my own question :oops: it seems that disabling amon *does* prompt security centre whilst quitting nod32 completely does not. Why is this please?

mtia,

Toby.

3. spm

spm Registered Member

By 'quitting nod32 completely' I presume you mean closing the nod32 GUI? Note that does exactly that - it closes the GUI - but it does not in any way stop nod32 (which is implemented by the nod32 'kernel' service).

4. tobamore

Of course, thank you. That makes sense, just with nod being 'different' to many other av's I wasn't so sure and so believed that in this instance 'quit' meant quit. ;)

much appreciated. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.