NOD32 and Winsock problems - why?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tannor, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tannor

Tannor Registered Member

Ok i ran into a problem after having NOD32 installed for a few days. I had to delete the registry keys and reisntall TCP/IP to fix it as described in one of the posts I found.

I am happy I was able to fix it, but what I want to know is why does NOD32 do this and is it a common occurence? They even put winsock repair button so i am guessing this happens to a lot of users?

I love NOD32 so far and I am on 30 day trial, but if this is going to be regular I need to find something else.

I have never had to do these procedures before and been using XP since it came out. So I am confused is there a specific setting or module that tends to cause the issue a lot more?

Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Welcome to Wilders Tannor.

No this is not regular, however it is seen every now and then after installing Nod32, as it places itself in the LSP chain. You shouldn't have to do this again.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. Tannor

Tannor Registered Member

Thanks Blackguard I will keep using it then and hope for the best.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No guarding here, though there is a spear ;) :D

You won't need to hope, as it is highly unlikely that you would ever need to do a Winsock Repair again.

Cheers :D

5. Tannor

Tannor Registered Member

Oops..sorry about the wrong name..dont know why i read it that way..lol..just woke up didnt sleep too well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.