NOD32 and Windows Defender in Windows 7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HankPiano, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankPiano

HankPiano Registered Member

I'm just curious how people here get along with NOD32 together with Windows Defender (WD) in Windows 7 (I run the 64-bit version, Home Premium). Are there reasons to use it or, on the contrary, not to use it? I disabled WD to see if there was a difference in speed but didn't notice any, so enabled the program again. But is it necessary or even useful if you have already installed NOD32? And if you folks use WD together with NOD32, did you activate all the options or just a selection of them?

2. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

I'm also curious to see others people experience with NOD32 and Windows Defender on Windows 7. I had it for a while without problems (like NOD32 and Spy Sweeper), but is it really helping, or this will be an overkill o_O

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

32 Bit Win7 and Defender.

No problems here. In fact Defender picked something up on a clients hard drive that ESET missed....

4. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi there,

Same here. I run Windows Vista Business 32-bit with SP-2 and NOD32 4.0.474and this OS comes with WD installed by default (can not be removed) and sometimes it catches some threats that NOD32 misses specially some Rogue AVs. I think it's because it shares definitions with MSE which happens to be AV and AS.

Regards,

Carlos

5. sunoracle

sunoracle Registered Member

I just installed Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit on a computer, and also had NOD32 4.2 installed. NOD32 complained that a couple of it's features were blocked. (They were POP3 and HTTP scanning if I remember.)

I shut off WD and NOD32 was happy again.

I also run MBAM, so I don't really see any need for WD at all.

6. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

I running Win7 Pro x64 with Windows Defender and I have not experienced any issues yet, knocking on wood. :D

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

NOD32 & ESS are fully compatible with Windows Defender, however, I have no personal experience with the two mixed together but I have not heard of any issues elsewhere.

Regards,

8. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

I don't use Windows Defender, but that's mainly because I don't rate its detection abilities, rather than it conflicting with anything.

9. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.